Looking for a job? YSPN has you covered
We are offering free CV and LinkedIn profile reviews and mock interview sessions to assist you in every step of the job application process
CV check & LinkedIn profile Review Program
About the program
On average, each corporate job offer will attract 250 candidates. Of those candidates, 4 to 6 will get called for an interview, and only one will get the job. Our team at YSPN want to make sure you are that chosen 'one'. The first step is making sure your CV and LinkedIn profile presents you in the best possible way. To help you achieve this, we are offering a free online CV check and LinkedIn profile review program!
Since its launch, members of the YSPN team (comprising engineers, lawyers, consultants, accountants etc with multiple years of work experience in Australia and New Zealand) have assisted over 500 people improve their CVs and LinkedIn profiles so they are better positioned when applying for jobs. Users of our program have rated it 4.75/5.
Our CV check and LinkedIn profile review service is open to all – anyone needing help with their CV or LinkedIn profile can email their CV or LinkedIn profile link to the YSPN team who will review it and provide detailed feedback within 7 – 14 days.
Free of charge, no registration required and fast assistance - it’s that simple
Mock interview program
Got a job interview coming up? This is your chance to practice your interviewing skills with an experienced interviewer and receive personalised feedback for free!
About the program
So, your CV and LinkedIn profile have impressed the employer and they have invited you for an interview. What do you do now?
The key to a successful interview is preparation! Our mock interview program is designed to assist you prepare for your job interview with an experienced interviewer and receive personalised feedback.
So, how does the mock interview session work?
- Each mock interview session will run for 1 hour and will be conducted in groups of 5.
- Each session will be run by an experienced interviewer. The interviewer will ask you (and each other person in your group in turn) a range of interview questions (including behavioural, situational and competency/experience-based questions) and provide specific feedback on your responses. You will also get a chance to listen in and learn on how other interviewees in your group respond to interview questions.
- All interviews will be conducted via video conferencing (via Microsoft Teams).
We run monthly mock interview sessions. Dates and times will be announced on a monthly basis on our socials.
To sign up, keep an eye on our socials and simply register for free!
To assist you in writing your CV, YSPN has prepared a free sample CV template that has been appropriately formatted and designed. It also contains useful guides and tips on how to write and structure your CV.
Simply populate the CV template with your details and follow the guidance contained in the template to create your CV!
How (not) to write a resume
Everyone wants their resume to stand out – but not for the wrong reasons…
Check out Senti Singh and Queen Bee discuss their funny resume fails to see exactly what NOT to do when writing your resume.
Meet the team
Hasveen is lawyer in the commercial litigation team at HWL Ebsworth Lawyers and is the Sydney Lead of the Young Sikh Professionals Network. Hasveen has over 6 years’ of professional experience working both in accounting and legal roles at Deloitte, Corrs Chambers Westgarth and HWL Ebsworth Lawyers. Hasveen has completed a double degree in Law and Commerce with a major in Professional Accounting from Macquarie University.
She leads the Sydney chapter of the Young Sikh Professionals Network.
Hasveen Chahal, Lawyer at HWL Ebsworth Lawyers
Jaibeer is a Management Consultant in the Transformation & Operations (previously Strategy & Operations) team at Deloitte Australia. He has over five years of work experience in Management Consulting, education and FMCG sectors across strategy, marketing and operations. Jaibeer completed his Bachelor of Technology from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in India and MBA from Australian Graduate School of Management (UNSW) Sydney
Jaibeer Singh, Management Consultant at Deloitte Australia
Karan Anand is the Head of Australia at Hnry and formerly, a Director at Monitor Deloitte. He has 13+ years' work experience, specialising in Strategy Consulting, focussed on the Financial Services industry. Karan completed both his Bachelor of Commerce (Actuarial Studies/Finance) and Master of Finance (with Distinction) at UNSW, where he was the Goldman Sachs Award Winner. Karan was also the inaugural Chair of the Young Sikh Professionals Network (YSPN) and the immediate past Chair of the Australia India Youth Dialogue.
Karan Anand, Head of Australia at Hnry
Manisha is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Transactions team at Ashurst. She specialises in in mergers and acquisitions, international investment, transaction structuring, commercial contracting and corporate governance. She has actively worked with community legal centres and charitable organisations on a variety of community development projects. She holds a Bachelors of Commerce/Laws (Honours) from UNSW and is also a Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA).
She leads the Migrant Success Pillar of the Young Sikh Professionals Network.
Manisha Pannu, Senior Associate at Ashurst
Raj is the Commercial Operations Manager at Sanofi, a French multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Paris. He holds an MBA from the University of Queensland and a Bachelors of Chemical Engineering/Science. He has over 10 years of combined experience in engineering and commercial operations including at Xstrata and FLSmidth. He was awarded the Sanofi Outstanding Achiever of the Year in 2019.
Raj Pannu, Commercial Operations Manager at Sanofi
There are many more volunteer reviewers who help behind the scenes. If you wish to help migrants achieve success, volunteer to review CVs by emailing us at cvcheck[at]yspn.org.au with the subject “Volunteer Reviewer".
What people have to say about us
- Many thanks for your feedback! Your advice and suggestions have been really valuable, my CV is now much stronger than before! Your time is very much appreciated. I was wondering if there is any way I can participate/join in YSPN as I would like to help grow it, pass on knowledge and help others in the future!
- Thank very much for your feedback. I really appreciate it. After changing my CV, I have heard back from multiple jobs.
- I am very thankful for you guys for running YSPN for such a noble cause. I would be very much happy to volunteer for you guys.
- I really appreciate your effort in reviewing my resume. Feedback and comments given were extremely useful and beneficial. Thanks again for your help and cheers to your good work.
- Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'll put in active effort to tailor it to the comments made. I will be sending the resume for another review. I highly appreciate your time, effort and service YSPN team. I want to be a part of the team in the future once I finish my studies most probably in 2021. I'll surely be reaching out to pay forward my part.
- Wow, the YSPN resume template looks so simple and neat. I'm really happy you're doing such a great job without any charge.